Monday, September 22, 2014

Ups and Downs

Hey everyone, I am so grateful for the week that I had to be a missionary this week in the Chester area of Virginia. If you would have asked my half way through this week I would have probably said the total opposite but hey; Always got to end the week on a good note!

Cool experiences and life lessons learned throughout the week;


  • We were taught in a Stake general Priesthood session last night about how we always have to be striving. Realizing that we are not perfect is one thing, but always striving to be in another. WE HAVE TO STRIVE. One of my favorite teachers in High School had on her Web page, "never let it rest, till you good is better, and you better is best." I see this to be totally true, if I personally am not constantly pushing myself, than God is going  to start the Humbling process :)
  • To go along with that; that the Lords work that is going on right now in the earth was and is on his timing. if he wants his work to hasten it is going to hasten with or with out us. haha I saw a Webpage titled how to stop the Mormon Media Increase :) fun to see all these people that THINK they can do something against the hastening of this work! We as people that are on gods team have to be the ones to keep up with God. he is moving at an ever increasing speed and we have to step up to the level he wants. The stake Presidency applied the specifically last night to the work of salvation at a whole. If you don't know what it is u can hit up this past ensign! 
  • Taking something not intended as an insult, as an insult...... is your problem. Get over things and move on with life. There are always bigger and better things ahead! 
  • I beat this drunk guy in horse shoes the other day :0 that was cool cuz i dont even think I have ever played a legit game of horse shoes in my life. Haha then the first thing he says after I bet him, "I can't believe I just lost to a minister!" Classic Missionary moment #godonmyside
  • We went and talked to the sweetest lady yesterday. She lives next to a family in the ward and the last time we talked to her she just cussed me out and was pissed, well needless to say, after 3 months of not seeing her; we had the greatest lesson with her ever! She began to cry and was just so happy that we never gave up on her! The greatest Part of the mission is seeing the Lords timing in things. This was totally in the lords hands and now she is humbled and ready to feel the spirit more in her life!


I am so grateful for this chance that I have to be a missionary, especially at this time in the world when the lord is requiring more and more of us each and every day. I am so grateful for all the great example that I have in my life. Looking forward to the "war" that will take place in the future, I am glad to have you all on my side. I would love a letter more than anything from each of u, and your prays! Thanks for reading and have a great week! Good Luck!!!


Ps this is my new favorite Video!



http://bcove.me/0djeoayt


No comments:

Post a Comment