Monday, March 10, 2014

1st Quarter Almost Over

Well everyone, i am into the "last few seconds" of the 1st quarter of my mission :0 and boy has it been a fun time. hahah not what I expected at all, but having fun learning all these new things. :) Would not change the experiences I have had these past few months for anything! I especially love all the awesome people I am meeting!


This is a nice rope swing in our back yard :( hahaha fml cuz i cant hang on :(

Well this week has been super awesome! I have been able to have two of probably the most spiritual lessons I have had since being one the mission this past week.
- The First was with 2 of the investigators that we found the l st week. We went back to teach them and it was awesome. They recently had a family member die and we were able to provide so much comfort. In the end my companion asked them if they wanted to be baptized. Honestly the spirit was so strong they couldn't say no :) but then a date came into my head and I asked them if that is the date they want to shoot for and they said sounds perfect, I honestly didn't even know if it was a Saturday but it turns out it is. That date truly was inspired!
- The next one we had was the very next day! We were just tracking, walking up some super long drive ways and the first house we knock on the lady comes out..... to say we could come in :) So we have a nice chat with her and her friend. Share a super powerful message about Christ restored church is back on the earth and how we can each live to our full potential through it. At the end of the lesson they begin to cry and we were like wow this is crazy. They go on to tell us how this friend of hers has recently been diagnosed with cancer and how thew felt we were sent there to help them and share this message with them. I feel so blessed for this chance that I have to be on this mission and touch so many lives. We are going back this week to see what else we can do and hopefully bring even more peace :)
Big things that I learned from this week are: THE MESSAGE OF THE RESTORED GOSPEL BRINGS HOPE. I love sharing a message that can relate to everyone. And everyone can truly feel in there hearts.
Also had even more awesome tracking experiences. We gave out probably 20 BOM so plz pray for us this week as we follow-up with these people that they will of had a good experience. :)
I would like to end with this quote from President Utchdorf talking about President Monson.

"Focuses on the one, has the heart for the world"

As missionaries, we can get so caught up on so many things to do. And I was thinking how did Christ love everyone SO much but still spend quality time with someone. And this quote explained it to me :)
Well Love you all soooo much! I hope and pray you all have a good week :) write me if you have time but if not.... :( hahahah
Love, Elder Young


No comments:

Post a Comment