Monday, January 6, 2014

How Christian Are We?

Hey everybody. It has been another good week in the Staunton area. We finally we got to start doing missionary work full time again because of the holidays, it has been awesome! I did have a good holiday season and New Years :) I can't believe it's already 2014. And we are already six days into the new year! I have a feeling this year is going to fly by :0

A couple of things from this past we:

I have really grown to love a man by the name of Sidney Ellis! He is an awesome guy, and we have began to work a lot with him and using him as a ward missionary. He is awesome! Definitely one of those I will come back and visit for years down the road. I'll try to hook u all up with a pic of us.   Haha

With all of the buzz coming out of Utah concerning gays and stuff. People and especially members over here are also saying some pretty awful stuff concerning gays and what's happening in Utah. This has really bothered me this past week. How can we really call ourself Christian when we are not loving everyone? Blows my mind how much I feel like even us as Latter Day Saint are fake!  Well, luckily a member of the bishopric said something yesterday during testimony meaning that really made since....

The Celestial kingdom is going to be filled with Christ's disciples. The Telestial kingdom will be filled with some Mormons.       Think about that.

Also something else I have really realized this week. Never loose hope! We began to work with an excommunicated member, a potential investigator we have had for two plus months, and we just got another one of our old investigators back after not seeing her for 2 months. Never loose hope! People will eventually realize how much the gospel can bless their lives! Also be friendly AND CHRIST-LIKE to everyone!





 
Selfies of Dayzzzzz. no one will take a picture with me :(

Thanks you all for all ur prays, this mission would not be this easy without all of ur support and prays! I hope you all have a happy new year :) much love!!! -Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment