Monday, January 13, 2014

Wow....

Hey everybody! I hope you are all doing well and staying warm :) I hear that Utah is pretty cold! Haha well it is definitely cold here! It got to below 0 a few days this past week and even a negative 10 with wind chill. It's crazy cold!! But the missionary work still presses forward :)

So Cold!!!





Some good stuff from this week:

While my companion and I were eating lunch at sheetz, a man comes up to us out of no where, and says "I want you two to know that I have tons of respect for you and thank you for what you do". He goes on to tell us that he is a pastor for another church... But respects and supports what we do. Haha he even said "I wish I could get the members of my church to go spread Christ's teaching like you guys do." Man, that totally made my day! Really makes this work awesome when I see other churches and pastor begin to see that we all want the same thing.... Be a more Christ-like people.

So with the freezing temperature.... Pipes were freezing. So we had zone meeting on Tuesday and we just finish with a closing pray. Two missionaries go out to go to the bathroom while everyone else is still just chatting. They come back in saying that the water is spraying from the ceiling..... Wow, holy cow! We run down the hall to see. Water was coming out of the ceiling with the pressure of a fire
hydrate! It was crazy. Luckily with 30 missionaries, we were able to save important documents, computers, and minimize the damage. Haha it was pretty fun, kind of like a huge water fight in a church :0 I'll try to get some pictures from the other missionaries... Of course some missionaries just stood there and took pictures and videos..... Missionaries now days :/ haha

Nice Sunset picture after a crazy day

The Murphy family did make it to church :) first time. They said they loved it. Ill try and get a pic with them up here sometime :) did I tell u they have an Akita? It has killed 3 dogs but I love this dog. Haha it is sweet!!

Just me and my nice scarf From Lisa Vilchez <3


With all the craziness of the temperature this week the missionary work was better than ever. Found
some more families and are teaching tons! I love this area! But for a thought this week, kind of the
same as last week. NEVER GIVE UP ON ANYONE, DONT LOSE HOPE

More and more I am seeing on my mission, just by loving someone and having faith that they will come around: Miracles happen. We are seeing this everyday in this area, never lose hope. Some people need to go off the deep end for a bit so they can realize the blessings of the gospel. To each
their own :)

Along with that I would like to share a talk I read this week. Out of this past general conference! Titled: Ye Are No More Strangers

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/ye-are-no-more-strangers?lang=eng&query=Ye+are+no+more+strangers

I would just like to quote one part of that here; 

During His earthly ministry, Jesus was an example of one who went far beyond the simple obligation of hospitality and tolerance. Those who were excluded from society, those who were rejected and considered to be impure by the self-righteous, were given His compassion and respect. They received an equal part of His teachings and ministry.
We can learn a lot from Jesus Christ. Everyone deserves compassion, respect, love, and equality. Challenge this week. Love everyone, especially the haters :)

Sheetz or Die. :0

Thanks everyone! Love you guys and thanks for ur prays and support. 





No comments:

Post a Comment