Monday, October 28, 2013

Elder Parkinson, Me, Saunders, Langford, Fletcher

Greatest thing ever; Being able to see some friends before I leave
Peace to Utah, you have been fun. But it is time I take my talent to the East Coast

Well I finally made it to my mission in Richmond, Virginia :) The mission president and his wife picked me up and we drove around Richmond for a while. It is very nice and very rich in American History. The are no mountains which is disappointing but it is very green and beautiful! I love the mission president and his wife, they are super nice and fun! 

So it turns out my first area.... Is super nice :) Me and 4 other elders live in an area called The Gardens. Very nice :) I love it!! The ward here is so awesome! We have 5 missionaries assigned to the ward so there is a lot of missionary work to be done! I have eaten dinners with members the past two nights here :) the members are so nice and willing to help you out. Many of the are RMs going to VCU in medical school. 

We have taught one lesson to a recent convert. He is super nice! We are working with him to get him to go through the D.C. temple! We taught about the temples and there was so much that I learned just from teaching him! We also are going to invite another Sister to be baptized today so wish us luck :) 

As we as missionaries sat down with the Bishop yesterday; He talked about one specific talk from this past general conference! Elder Ballard's. We all can do two simple things that he has asked to help make everyone more happy around this coming holiday season. Pray: pray to God to thank him and ask for his hand in your life more. Pray to be that willing "vessel". And the 2nd one; reach out. Not everyone is as blessed as us to have this wonderful gospel in our life. Reach out to everyone but especially those that don't, so they are able to fill God's love.
Elder Parkinson, Young, Saunders, Langford, Fletcher

Well I love you all and thank you so much! My new Address is:

Elder Young #204
4710 The Gardens Dr.
Glen Allen, VA 23059

No comments:

Post a Comment