Saturday, October 12, 2013

Feeling of the Pioneers


Kamusta errrbody. Hope that you are all doing great at home. Life is rolling along here in the MTC. It was a big week for me, my zone, and the world wide church! haha Conference was great, first time I honestly can say that I got something out of it :) haha and didn't sleep through it at all. My favorite quotes from it are:


 "Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord's vineyard, to bring souls unto him"  - President Monson


“Meekness is a fruit of the Spirit.”  - Ulisses Soares


 "We all need each other" - Carol M. Stephens


 "He loves us for who we are and for who we can become.” - Timothy J. Dyches


“Fatigue is the common enemy of us all-–so slow down, rest up, replenish, and refill.” - Elder Holland


"A friend cares. A friend shows love. A friend listens. And a friend reaches out." - President Monson


“We mortals do not become champions without effort and discipline or without making mistakes.” - President Uchtdorf


 “If you are humble, you will want to be obedient. If you are obedient, you will feel the Spirit.” - Randy D Funk


 “No one is a stranger to our Heavenly Father.” - Bishop Gérald Caussé


 "Never look back. Look at what we still have to do" - Edward Dube


 "As you lose your life in ... service, ... Satan's temptations lose power in your life."  - Elder Richard G. Scott


 "Our understanding of God's plan and His doctrine gives us an eternal perspective." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks


 "Remember that all men have their fears, but those who face their fears with dignity have courage as well." - Elder Dallin H Oaks


"Spiritual illumination and perspective are poured out through the windows of the heaven and into our lives as we honor the law of tithing"  -Elder David A. Bednar


Best!!!
"doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" - Dieter F Uchtdorf 


My District on our way to Conference

Well as for the rest of the week, it has been a crazy mess! Sunday was a crazy mess after conference. ALL, like everyone, in my zone was leaving to the field on Monday. Since we are the only district staying, we helped out everyone as much as we could. Many were scrambling to pack their bags and make wait. ;) haha  


Well Monday morning came..... it was a joyous day!!! I was able to walk up with the first group leaving at 6 and help Elder Howe, the one with the broken elbows. The rest of the morning went about the same, a group left at 11 and then at 1. With each one, we said our goodbyes, took some pics, and wrote in each others' journals. It was so awesome to see them so excited to get into the field!
Farewell to my zone brothers


Well, everyone was off and I was alone.... literally. NO ELDERS in my zone. Which means no elders on the same schedule as me. At first I thought it was going to be awesome having some real alone time.... but no, it sucked. I felt so alone, like never before, no one to talk to.  


I know that this was all a learning experience though. It forced me to kneel in prayer and asked for comfort, something I have never really done before. I definitely found the power of prayer to be amazing! So after having lots of time alone, the sister and I meet up for our last "study session" before we all went to bed. SISTER MISSIONARIES ARE THE BEST! I love these sister so much. They turned my scared attitude into one of hope and comfort. I know that I couldn't have made it through this experience without them, I am meant to be here with them at this time!


Well on Tuesday we found out some big news! WE WERE MOVING ON WEDNESDAY. Wow, now you understand the title of this blog. I really felt like a pioneer, having to pack everything up so fast. We found out at 5 o'clock at night and had to get packed and moved out by the next day at noon. So now, my district and I are back at main campus for the remainder of our time here.... we hope :/ I do have a new Address/unit number so check that :)  

On the move again


Elder Young unit 260
Oct 21 PHI-BAC
2011 N 900 E
Provo, Ut 84602
I also got the opportunity to welcome in the new international missionaries to our zone. There were about 16 of them. From New Zealand, Australia, India, Kitabus, Canada, Tonga, and Samoa. It was cool to meet them all and hopefully they felt less worried after :/ We got the rest of our 50 new missionaries yesterday (Wednesday) so that is good. New people = Bigger social life after mission, haha..... NOT! I meet the rest of my zone on Wednesday which was way cool.There are some awesome elders going to serve in the Philippines. I will update you more on my roomates half companions when I finally learn stuff about them, haha. Well I am excited to be at the MTC, I am mad that I am back at the main campus, but I have become more excited to go to the Philippines since being here!  


Oh and if you have time, plz watch this: http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-03-005-same-jersey?category=mormon-messages/mormon-messages-2011   We are all on the same team.


Lets stand together as friends and families to strengthen each other!   I

Love you all and hope life is going well for you back home or wherever you are! I would love a Starbucks Vanilla Frap before I go if someone wants to bring me one :) HA HA HA Good luck in life errrbody

No comments:

Post a Comment