Thursday, September 19, 2013

Wouldn't want to be anywhere else!


Well hey everyone! this is my first official blog post/email! Want to start off by saying thank you to everyone that came to my farewell! So week one..... what a week, it started off like hell. No joke the first 3 or four days so many thoughts rushed through my head! I wanted to leave, I wanted to ask for a transfer because I was scared to learn the language, and I just wanted someone to talk to!


Well my biggest fear of going on my mission was being " alone" (and my bishop can attest to this). Well the first thing I find out when I get here is: "Elder, you are a solo" the nice Sister pulls out my name tag and there is a nice sticker making sure everyone knows I am solo. So now that I know that my biggest fear has come true, I go to drop off my bags and head to class. Getting to class, I am the last one there. 6 sisters and the teacher are sitting in there talking. While, I walk in, they all just look at me #*?=:/ so we start learning the language and then go to some orientation. All while I am thinking about how the heck am I going to get through this with no companion! Well After the roughest day of my life I finally meet my MALE district leaders, they were so nice and I was able to talk with them about what was going through my head and they helped a lot. I finally get to my room to see my 4 roommates. All of them have been here for already 2 weeks. They all greet me and are pretty nice. I was still frightened and with nowhere to unpack.... I just chill for a little while they are all showering :#@&/ haha Finally I get to unpack a little and settle in. The next few days were even harder than the 1st day. I talked to my Zone president and he called me a wussy :( but whatever!!) The next few days I really just decided to stick it out cause everyone says wait till Sunday,


Well I did! Sunday was AMAZING!! In Elders quorum we talked about enduring to the end, oh how I need that! Then after that i went to an awesome devotional. The producer of 17 Miracles, Ephraim’s Rescue, and many more movies spoke to us! I highly recommend Ephraim’s Rescue, he showed us parts of it!! Sunday really pumped up my spirit!


Well the rest of the week has just blended together.... So I guess I will tell you about general stuff and my "friends" here: Sister Luke is from West Jordan, she dances and went to BYUI so she is friends with Lexies Gates! Sister Haun is from Nevada and she is a cheerleader, also plays soccer and basketball. Sister Riblin is from Arizona, Sister Villiami is from New Zealand. Sister Char is from Hawaii. Sister McKee is from IDK :/ haha Elder Hosch is from Arizona, he is like a big teddy bear, we already have a trip planned for me to visit him after the mission, Elder Tolman is a wrestler from Box Elder (he does know my cousins) Elder Hemuli is from Payson, he is super funny and graceful, love him, and Elder Mcquiston is from Davis. Elder Hosch and Tolman are my assigned partners but I can go with whoever I want as long as it is with 2 sisters or 1 elder. Lately I feel like the Solo badge is coming is handy, everyone asks where is my comp, and I just get to smerk and flash them the sign.


All seriousness though I know that God put me as a solo Elder for a reason! I get the best of both worlds! The Elders calm me down and I get to "bond" with them. While the Sister always have a great attitude and are great at teaching. I feel like learning with the Sister is going to be so much more helpful! Now I realize why God put so many wonderful girls in my life, to teach me how to act right around Sister missionaries! haha


Looking back on some things that got me through the week, Roman 8:18, something I will talk about a little later, Lebron James quote, and many of your great emails, Now I have realized so much about myself! I know that God it testing me. Sister Villiami told me when we where having a heart to heart, God knows that an English speaking mission would be to easy for you, so he is having you learn Illonggo cause He knows you going to smash it! haha she is from New Zealand, moved to Australia a few years ago and is now going to a mission right next to mine, also learning Illonggo and has the best saying ever!


I have seen Nick Elg, Brady Cowely, Jeff Giles, Jake Brown, Dexter Murry, It weird how you go to school with someone for 3 years, never talk to them in school, but connect with them so well in the MTC. I have also talked to Trace from soccer, Chris from soccer, Creighton Atkins from soccer when I was like 10 (it was so cool to see him, it was a surprise we recognized each other). Best of all Braxton Basset! OMG I love that kid, we talked forever! He is doing well and I took a pic with him on his camera so be looking for it and send it my way.


The emails you guys send help a ton!! I can only check them on Thursday though so maybe send some DearElders, I get those everyday! I also love letters and packages! Send me anything you want, I am sure it will brighten my day. P-day is the only time we are given to write letters, so if I take a while to respond you know why... but plz still send some and I will try and respond! Oh, send me some pictures to, I always love some pics :)


Email is: chandler.young@myldsmail.net

Address is: Elder Chandler Young
                   Oct 21 PHI-BAC unit 195
                   2009 N 900 E Unit 195
                    Provo, UT 84602


This will be changing in a few weeks because I will be moving to the NICER campus, so I will keep you updated when that happens.


I’m ending with something that totally changed me this past week. During a lesson this quote came to my mind and is my mission "motto"


"I don't want to ever let God be able to say that Chandler Joseph Young could not handle it."


Thank you guys for everything!! love you all and please keep me updated on how you are! <3

Also, everyone PZ keep my letters! i want them when i get home

No comments:

Post a Comment