Monday, February 9, 2015

Too much Fun with a Baptism

This week was rad!!! Definitely one of the best weeks in the mission as far as funness :) Hahah as I am sure u can tell with all the pictures we have been going hard. With all that fun, i will say we had TONS of great lessons and even a baptism. Goes to show that we need to have fun along the journey so we can accomplish what the Lord's needs.

We were able to have two wonderful souls come into the fold of God! We just had one service for both of them, but it was a great  service. Good turn out, good refreshments, and a great musical number provided by the Spanish elders in the branch. Following the two baptisms, they taught the  restoration up to the apostasy. They followed it by one strumming the guitar, while the other sang JOSEPH SMITH'S FIRST PRAYER. It was solid! The rest of  the week we spent lots of time planning that baptism, lots goes into a good baptismal service.

Which bring me a lesson that I realized during church yesterday. As i looked back on my life, i was the one that liked doing things the most efficient way. As in the most easy, simple, and best outcome. While that has  worked great for me my whole life. One of the most important life lessons i learned yesterday; There are no short cuts regarding spiritual things. Probably why it took me 19 years to gain a true testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ :) But now I realize that the Hard work that we put into spiritual things get repaid ten fold.

Haha i was laughing at myself this past week while we were in a zone meeting. We watched ourselves teaching "investigators" that they recorded on a iPad.  And i giggle at how funny it looks for me sitting in a lesson teaching, testifying, and inviting people to come nearer  to their Savior. I guess i just never imagined myself doing it, but its crazy to see the Lord direct my path. i know there is no short cuts to heaven, nor are there to exaltation. We have to suck it up at the hard times and don't suck in the glorious times. I hope we all can realize this, and put in the  work to become like our Heavenly Father!

Much love, good luck, God bless!

- Elder Young,

ENJOY THE PICTURES



"Chillin with my mac millin"

Sad Slim Jim

Four of the fliest kids rooming the streets of tappy town

Sharing Lemonade shows the unity we all need to have

HAHa this goober is J-Ferg



The shop we do work it 

The Spirit was definitely here Saturday night

Sorry for the smiles in all of these, we are trying to get better ones

Missionaries with Craig

Travel Time

Nothing beats singing in the Car

J-Rock Swaggen with elder harmer

Slim Jim Simkins posting up 4 da bomb

After Party drive home

I love playing pool :) 

Roasting the Goods 





I thought these next 4 were really cool so yeah, yeah. 








Cut elder Simkins Hair




  
Great place to eat food

So tired and cold :/ 



Good food at apples Bees from our great Server! #jrock


The Rest of these were all at Jumpology so yeah. 















No comments:

Post a Comment