Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas

Well this is it. This is Christmas week! And boy does it not even feel like it :0 hahahah I guess it is just me but I really need snow for it to feel like Christmas and well, as of right now Buckingham VA has not received any snow yet :( But with that being said it does give me a chance to look more into the true meaning of Christmas. If any of you have not been able to look at the He is the Gift video check it out. I love approach that the church has taken with this initiative; Discover, Embrace, Share. Those are 3 simple words but they are a road map and guide line for us this Christmas season! I encourage all of you, if you are going to celebrate Christmas this year DO IT RIGHT. Nothing is more embarrassing for people when they don't even realize why we have Christmas in the first place!

As far as the missionary work goes it has been a slow week. lots of service, there is a lot of sickness going around, I think that might have even shut down the schools early! We did help out at the local Habitat House, so I can say that i helped build a house on the mission! I can say though that the best part of the week was just this past Saturday when we were able to teach our Methodist Preacher friend. Asked him what would change if he discover that the Book of Mormon was true, and he replied "I will join the church" #TRill 3yolo #lordswork #discovery. hahah It was cool though! I love seeing that this work really is not mine, or how i only play a small part in inviting, but God prepares these people for us to reap :)

Sorry this email is short. i am super excited to hopefully see many of your faces on Christmas. I will be using Hangouts and my chanfans email so hop on around 11 Utah time!

Love you all and i will leave you with this great quote for the Christmas Time!

This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again.
Howard W. Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment