Monday, October 27, 2014

Heart of VA

Well I don't think any of you could ever guess where I am! I am literally in the middle of Virginia in BUCKINGHAM!!!! Let me tell all of you something, this is a crazy experience for me cuz I am out in the middle of NO Where! I don't know how many of you follow my fellow friend and missionary Keegan Christensen, but like him I am now out in the middle of no where. I guess they send people like us out here to spice up the place :) So much good stuff has gone on this week and I dont even know were to start cuz I also what to mention some of the good studies in the scriptures that i have had!

So I packed everything up and headed to transfer meeting this past Tuesday and boi was I nervous for some reason int he back of my mind I have been having this feeling like I really need to prepare for this next transfer cuz it is going to be a struggle for me. Like I said I was reassigned to labor in the Buckingham Branch with elder Miller. He is from Idaho and has been out just a little bit longer than me!

The first 2 family or people of the ward that I meet in Buckingham each had about 10 Dogs and 5 cats.... so as many of you that truly tickles me :)

This past Friday they did have a trunk or treat at the branch so that was super duper fun. I got to meet all the members before they were in there shirts and ties which made things nice I would say. I will just have to say that it is comforting to know that where ever you go in the world there is always members of the church that u can rely on :) and that is the same in this area.

As for fun adventures that I have already had here;

- I got to help out moving horse fencing and got to be around lots of farm animals. Definitely reminded me of Staunton :)

- Was able to give out candy to car as they went through the "Haunted Forrest" and say " Thanks for supporting Historic Buckingham" hahah

- So on Saturday, after being here for 4 days and feeling uncomfortable but almost getting over it we are doing service for our Branch Mission leader when he tells us he wants to take us to Farmville for dinner. So we go and I always thought farmville was going to be similar to Buckingham cuz lets be real. Farmville sounds like lots of farms and buckingham sounds like the name of a nice city. Anyways Farmville is a city and I can not put into the words the relief I felt when I was it. To know that I am only 25 minutes away from a walmart, chick-fila, Buffalo Wild Wings, and shopping definitely gave me peace to my heart. I don't know what I would have done with out that city! Lets just say I slept more peaceful that night now that I know I have shopping at least decently close to me!

- We also had the coolest experience up at this place called Yoga-ville. i dont have any pictures but we will definitely be going up there again! It is like this secluded retreat where people go to find them self and become more peaceful. i will be real that I definitely felt very peaceful there. I We meet some really nice people there and I could totally see myself going there after the mission for a couple week stay! the Coolest part was there temple of all different kinds of religions. Definitely check out the website, well worth it! http://www.yogaville.org/

As for my studies this week they have been so great. Maybe it is because I am away from the city and able to focus more :) things that I would like to share with you!

- People recognize us as missionaries and members of the church by the love and peace that we show to people and bring them.
- This life is a time for us to purify ourselves. We can onyl truly purify ourselves through the atonement of Christ. We us the Atonment in our lives by strengthening our faith and repenting on the daily. We build our faith by learning about GOD.
- The easiest way to build faith is to learn what your building faith in. Now I am building faith in God so i am personally studying him.

So that is the jist of my week. Hopefully at least some of that made since. Thanks for all of your love and support and prays, plz keep them coming cuz I will know I will need them! and send me letters :)

- Elder Young

PS The Pictures from the Ranch are from a members place here! SOOOOO NICE. #trill #Lavish

Sure is hard saying bye to this kid, Sure will miss him!


These two have turned out to be some of my best friends here! Love them

Sure going to me Elder Goold and Campbell, Both exception elders






Love these two and there cute daughter!


Woods Cross 4 Lyfe



Peace out from Buckingham, VA Love u ALL!

This is the temple at Yogaville

No comments:

Post a Comment