Monday, May 19, 2014

#YOLO

I honestly can not even believe how fast time is moving by. I just looked at the calendar the other day to see that it was almost JUNE! WOW, I look back on the great fun I was having at this time last year; going on great hikes with friends, taking a road trip for a nice camp-out with good friends, Staying up late cuz "I ain't got no worries," going to drive in movies, finishing high school, bonfires <3 finishing my final time playing soccer :( and GRADUATING! :0 Shout out to all you senior graduating. These next 3 weeks in your life are amazing, live them up #yolo #onceinalifetime

But wow, times have changed. And now I am in Virginia serving the Lord. What a great time in my life. Even though I am out on a mission, and I have really missed some of those great things from back home. I have truly come to realize that THIS is the most Fulfilling work I could be doing at this time. Just want to leave u with this quote from Elder Holland from this past conference, talking about the cost vs. bless, risk vs. reward!

"And therein lies a message for every young man and young woman in this Church. You may wonder if it is worth it to take a courageous moral stand in high school or to go on a mission only to have your most cherished beliefs reviled or to strive against much in society that sometimes ridicules a life of religious devotion. Yes, it is worth it, because the alternative is to have our “houses” left unto us “desolate”—desolate individuals, desolate families, desolate neighborhoods, and desolate nations.

So here we have the burden of those called to bear the messianic message. In addition to teaching, encouraging, and cheering people on (that is the pleasant part of discipleship), from time to time these same messengers are called upon to worry, to warn, and sometimes just to weep (that is the painful part of discipleship). They know full well that the road leading to the promised land “flowing with milk and honey”6 of necessity runs by way of Mount Sinai, flowing with “thou shalts” and “thou shalt nots.”7 "


As far as missionary work goes in this area it has been solid. I love it. We have been doing lots of service #charity and really trying to help the members become more confident in sharing the gospel. 

I love this work though! Thank you everyone for all of your prays and such. Thanks to everyone who I have great memories with last summer at this time :) even if you don't write me anymore :( I still love u all, and pray for u. Talk to you next week.

Love
-elder CJ

P.S. if you didn't know. I get on email every Monday around 8 am mountain time if anyone want to chat :0 i would love to :) just HMU me 

#sorrynopics



No comments:

Post a Comment